Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unexpected people at Unexpected times

Good morning, 
I hope that you find yourselves walking, so very close with Jesus Christ, and that you are truly seeking his amazing plan for your life. Ephesians 1:18 says"I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which he has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised his holy people". Let me back up one verse and it says "I always remember you in my prayers, asking the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you wisdom and revelation so that you will know him better".

Guys I want to take just a moment to share what God can do at unexpected times and ways that he shows me his true everlasting love. 

A couple of months ago Shivonne was planning her "Table for Two" opening at Mary Bea Johnson's house early on a Saturday morning, and guess who got to tag along for help. You guessed it, ME. I'm thinking to myself, "well at least Ken will be there and we can find something to do". NOT!! Ken gets to play golf and I get to spend my Saturday morning with three women. (nothing against these women i love them all, one of them is my wife) So they are planning and I'm doing nothing. After about an hour of being bored and getting beat in a soccer match by Mary Bea's daughter, I decide to go and sit and talk with the ladies. And thats when it started to happen, Jesus Christ through an unexpected person at a unexpected time showed his love to me. This lady starts going around the table telling Mary Bea and my wife, Shivonne what she loves about them. They are both crying and honestly at this point I trying very hard not to do so. 
Just to catch you up to speed this woman has literally met me three times, she knows nothing about me and would not know me at all if it were not for Shivonne. I began to think to myself jokingly "what do you love about me" Before I could say a word she looks at me and says "and I LOVE YOU because"........ I'm thinking what in the world could she love about me, this is the fourth time you have ever met me. "I LOVE YOU" she says, "because you loved Shivonne when she was broken and had nothing, you loved her just the way she was. 

Guys that moved me to the very core of my being. The fact that this lady was saying this to me who honestly didn't know me. I guess what moved me even more than that is in that moment I couldn't help but feel the presence of Jesus Christ in the room and to realize that is exactly how Christ loved and loves us. (on much deeper scale) The bible tells us that he knit us in our mothers womb, that died and rose from the grave so that we could have eternity with him. The love of Jesus Christ is the love that meets you where you are and loves you right their. You don't have to get your life fixed up, you don't have to do anything, just let him love and lead you except him as your Saviour and I promise that your life will get fixed up. 

A special thank you to that lady who showed me the love of Jesus Christ early on a Saturday morning.

4 comments:

howertonjosh said...

Alan, you and Shivonne have been tangible expressions of God's love to us too. Thanks for being the couple you guys are and thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

it was a powerful moment...one of my faves from past year...

Anonymous said...

it was a powerful moment...one of my faves from past year...

Anonymous said...

oops didn't mean to do that twice...blasted computer!